Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day...for the kids

In the world of high schools our lives are driven by the bells. The bell rings everyone gets up and moves to somewhere else. What would happen if the bell didn't ring? Would people still move around? Would we even know when the classes end? Or do we only know a class ends because the bell rings? Heck, why are they even called bells? They do not sound like bells; they sound more like a low level ding. Sure doesn't sound like a bell though.

These super interesting thoughts came to me as I was drafting my start of the year e-mail to all my parents. I do my best work when I'm thinking about multiple things at once--I think that might for for all School Psychs! Anywho,  I highly recommend writing these e-mails! I send a quick e-mail to all of the parents of the students that I will be working with during the upcoming school-year. Yes, I even send it to the parents of the students who I have been working with for numerous years. I have found it is a great way to build an immediately rapport with the parents and rebuild the relationships with the parents. If you have not tried, give it a whirl. It certainly will not hurt and will help to further connect with your parents!

I'm off to monitor the bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment