Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No Cable, No Internet, No Problems???

I recently moved and thought I had scheduled the Direct TV and Charter cable internet to be installed on our move in day. Well after a back breaking day we did not have Direct TV nor did we have cable internet. A couple of phone calls later I had everything set up for today (roughly three days later). How bad could it be? I was even looking forward to the "peace and quiet."

Well those three days did not bring any peace, nor quiet, nor comfort. It resulted in a quickly dying cell phone battery on my Samsung Galaxy and much frustration on my end. Although it is the summer school e-mails kept coming, personal e-mails regarding CASP kept flowing, and Words with Friends and UNO were simply not cutting it anymore. Even worse I missed my Sunday night #iaedchat and Monday night #sbmhchat on Twitter.

I quickly found myself getting upset with my inability to respond to e-mails with any detail and getting worried with what auto-correct would say for me. I even found myself looking forward to heading into the high school so I can could check my e-mail and use the full internet. The mobile version of the websites, especially most school based sites..STINKS.

What did this all teach me? I like routines, I like checking my e-mail, I like my Twitter chats, I like non mobile versions of websites, I like cable and the NY Mets. The best things that came from this? Watching the Meteor shower and luckily this was not during football...that would have been devastating.


No comments:

Post a Comment